Please support the Nesmith Library. Donations from generous individuals and institutions allow the Library to update and increase collections, provide special events and programs for the community, and make building improvements. All the support that we receive from our community allows us to increase resources and services for our users.
You may consider supporting the Library in one of the ways suggested below. All financial contributions to the library are tax deductible, to the extent allowable by law.
Make a Contribution
You don’t need to make a long-term commitment to make a lasting impact. Gifts to the Library enable us to continue our mission of enriching lives and expanding horizons by providing outstanding educational, cultural, and technological programs and services. Every little bit helps.
- Want to donate online using a credit card? Visit our Catalog to do so: we can also accept cash or check at the library, but credit cards only online. Thank you!
Giving throughout the year.
Another way to support the library and spread your generosity throughout the year would be a recurring donation. A recurring donation of your choice allows you to make an easy and sustainable impact with incremental contributions to the library throughout the year. This helps you budget and possibly increase your support of the library.
Make a planned gift by including the Library in your estate and financial plans in one of following ways:
- Remember the Library in Your Will: Include the Library in your estate plan; it’s easy to do even if you already have a will.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: The gift that gives back. Make a meaningful gift to the Library and receive payments for life.
- Charitable Trusts: Benefit the Library and your family and other heirs in a tax-advantaged manner.
- Other Planned Gift Options: Consider leaving assets in your retirement plan, life insurance policy, and other financial accounts to the Library. It’s a simple and tax-efficient way to fund your legacy.
Honor and Memorial Gifts
A gift made in one’s name is always a meaningful way to mark a special occasion or to remember or honor a beloved family member, respected friend, or colleague. Books or furnishings given “in memory of” or “in honor of” individuals may be designated by a memorial bookplate or plaque. As long as they are consistent with the mission of the library, gifts can be designated for special programs or areas of interest of the donor.
For larger honor and memorial gifts, which will provide a continuing legacy, consider the Library's Named Fund Program.
Join the Friends of the Library of Windham
Membership in The Friends of the Library (FLOW) makes you a part of our most loyal community of supporters. FLOW is a volunteer group that provides supplementary services and supplies to the Library. Your membership allows the Friends to make purchases and support various library programs and activities not covered in the operating budget. Members of the FLOW receive a monthly newsletter and early admission to the annual book sale. For the FLOW website, click here.
Donate Books & Materials: Please check FLOW's website for updates about donations and book fairs.
We welcome volunteers who would be interested in helping out with some of the many services the library provides. All volunteers are warmly welcomed and appreciated. Learn more
For more information on supporting the Nesmith Library, please contact Library Director, Sylvie Brikiatis.
Thank you for considering the library as a recipient of your generosity.