Try a Storytime Kit with us this winter! Learn more and register for Storytime Kits!
Busy Bees Baby Storytime
You can enjoy rewatching our Facebook Live storytimes from this summer, whenever you want to enjoy a story or a song!
Ages 0-18 months, with caregiver
Do you have a newborn baby or an itty bitty crawler? Join other caregivers in rhymes, lap bounces, stories, and more at Busy Bees Baby Storytime. We will share milestones, stories, and socialize with other babies and adults. Siblings are welcome. So whether you just moved to Windham or you have lived here since you were a baby, you and your young one are invited to join us at Busy Bees Baby Storytime!
Visit the Event Calendar for current programs and stay tuned for updates!
Ages 18 Months-3 Years, with caregiver
Toddler Time features books, songs, and movement activities to help develop your child’s language and socialization skills.
Enjoy rewatching our recorded and Facebook Live virtual storytimes from the spring and summer (above), and follow along with our usual Toddler Time activities (below) whenever you want to read and dance together! Visit the Event Calendar to keep up with our current offerings.
Miss Chris has also recommended some virtual storytimes you can view, as well as sharing her playlists for the songs we dance to at Toddler Time!
- Grover reading The Monster at the End of This Book
- Eric Carle reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Pete the Cat reading I Love My White Shoes
- Betty White reading Harry the Dirty Dog
- Jeff Goldblum reading Horton Hears a Who
- Miss Chris' Spotify account with all the playlists
- Nursery Rhymes playlist
- Space themed playlist
- Toddler Time Favorites playlist
We can't wait to see you at the library when we reopen and Toddler Time returns!
Thank you to Carina Savukinas, student of Advertising & Integrated Communications at Quinnipiac University, for her help creating these videos!
More Virtual Storytimes:
Does your child LOVE Mo Willems? Can they just not get enough of the Narwhal Series? You're in luck! There are authors for all ages (yes even middle grade) doing virtual storytimes, Questions and Answer Segments, and more for free to help us all get through these trying times! Visit this list of lists from a teacher/author/mom, or try these recommendations:
- Azra recommends Pete the Cat, Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems, and Narwhal and Jelly
- Storytime with Dr. Jane is a video series of storytimes with Dr. Jane Goodall!
- Sing along with Emily Arrow and her ukelele on YouTube!
- Storyline Online is a children's literacy project featuring great videos of celebrities reading children's books: try Harry the Dirty Dog with Betty White or The Empty Pot with Rami Malek!
- More authors and celebrities sharing recorded read alouds are using #OperationStorytime across many platforms: find a selection at Romper or search #OperationStorytime on Instagram or Twitter!
- Penguin Random House compiled this list of their authors who are sharing virtual content! Visit the page for updates.
- Julie Andrews announced Julie's Library, a storytime podcast with her daughter! Sign up for their newsletter or follow them on Instagram for updates.