After consultation with the town Emergency Management Committee, the Board of Selectmen, and the Nesmith Library trustees, we have decided to close the Nesmith Library to the public from March 17 until April 6, 2020 at which time we will reassess the situation. We are making this very difficult decision based on the recommendations of town, state and federal health departments.
When available, the staff will answer questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and through messages to our Facebook page. We are currently maintaining our online collections at home and will be staffing the building sporadically.
Please note that since this letter was created on 3/16/2020, we have had to change more library procedures than noted in this summary. Please visit our Updates page for the most up to date information. Please visit our Health Resources page for recommended sources of information about COVID-19.
Download a copy of the 3/16/2020 Letter to the Public from Library Director Sylvie Brikiatis.
UPDATE: The library will be closed as of Tuesday, March 17.
As news of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to evolve, Nesmith Library is taking new steps to help ensure the health and safety of its staff, visitors, and community.
After consultation with the town Emergency Management Committee, the Board of Selectmen, and the Nesmith Library trustees, we have decided to close the Nesmith Library to the public until April 6, 2020 at which time we will reassess the situation. We are making this very difficult decision based on the recommendations of town, state and federal health departments.
The staff will be available to answer questions via and email and Facebook.
Please read on for information about your library account and services.
- Don't worry about your items on the hold shelf. Anything that's on the hold shelves when we close will still be there when we reopen.
- Don't worry about your items you have out. Due dates will be readjusted and will not be due prior to our reopening. Books will continue to auto renew. UPDATE: As of 3/19/2020, the book drop will be closed to returns. Please hold on to your library items until we announce the book drop and the library are reopening.
- As of now, you'll still be able to place requests during the closure. We will be evaluating how, when, and if we will be able to pull these requests and make them available.
EMAIL & PHONE
- We will continue to monitor emails. If you have questions please email@example.com. A full staff directory is available at www.nesmithlibrary.org/contact-us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
WHAT TO DO DURING THIS CLOSURE
The Nesmith Library is committed to providing services during this closure. We offer multiple online services which include:
- Hoopla: Download or stream ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music and television shows. We will be temporarily increasing the checkout limit from 4 to 8 per month, per cardholder.
- CloudLibrary: Download or stream ebooks and audiobooks
- Libby/Overdrive: Download or stream ebooks, emagazines, and audiobooks
- Online Databases: All of our databases are accessible from home with exception of Ancestry
- Online card registration: If you do not have a library card you can register online for a temporary card that will give you access to all of the above services with the exception of Hoopla. Call us or email firstname.lastname@example.org and speak to library staff for access to Hoopla.
In addition, as digital resources become available we will be letting you know about them via our website and social media.
Please continue to monitor our website and social media for updates.
Stay well and safe.
Nesmith Library Director Sylvie Brikiatis