Download a copy of the 6/5/2020 Letter to the Public from Library Director Sylvie Brikiatis.
As we continue to monitor the progression of the COVID-19 situation in New Hampshire, the Nesmith Library has made the following changes to our services as of June 1.
- Place Items on Hold: You can place holds on Nesmith Library items (no other GMILCS or ILL items at this time), by logging in to your account online and searching/browsing the catalog or by calling the library. We will try to honor all requests, but please limit your holds to a reasonable number as we adjust to this new process. Filling requests may take longer than it has in the past.
- Notification: When your holds are ready, you will receive an email or phone notification from the library. Most patrons have an email as their default notification: please contact us if you would prefer a phone call when your items are ready.
- Pickup: After we notify you that your items are ready, you may visit the library to pick up your items during our curbside service hours (visit the Curbside page for current hours. Please follow these pickup steps:
- When you arrive in the parking lot, call the library at (603) 432-7154 to let us know you are here.
- Library staff will then check out your materials and leave them outside the library, on a table, in a paper bag with your name on it.
- Please wait in your car or six feet away before approaching the pickup table if staff or other patrons are there when you arrive. Please verify that it is your package before you leave!
RETURNS: All returns should be placed in the exterior book drop. Please do not leave returned materials at the pickup table. Your returned items will remain on your account for a few days after you bring them back, because library staff are quarantining returned items to ensure they are safe. Please call us if you have an item to return which will not fit in the book drop. We are not accepting book donations at this time.
HOMEBOUND DELIVERY: Homebound deliveries will resume where it can be done safely.
LIBRARY HOURS: The building is staffed Monday–Friday, 9 AM-5 PM and we will be able to answer questions by phone during those hours. Additionally, we are monitoring emails (firstname.lastname@example.org or reach specific staff members from our Contact Us page) and Facebook messages.
- Summer Reading Program: The Youth Services staff is hard at work planning the Summer Reading Program. It will look very different this year, but will be just as engaging and fun. Look for announcements in the next week or two about how to register.
- Computer Access: Though we don’t anticipate being able to open the library building to the public in the near term, we are working on ways to provide computer access to those who rely on the library for their computer needs. In the meantime, if you have a WiFi enabled device (phone, tablet, Chromebook, etc), you can always connect to our WiFi networks from the parking lot.
DIGITAL SERVICES AND VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING
The Nesmith Library is committed to providing services during the building closure. We offer multiple online services which include:
- Hoopla: Download or stream ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music and television shows. The checkout limit is still increased from 4 to 8 per month, per cardholder.
- CloudLibrary: Download or stream ebooks and audiobooks!
- Libby/Overdrive: Download or stream ebooks, emagazines, and audiobooks!
- Online Databases: All of our databases are accessible from home, even Ancestry Library Edition. Visit our online catalog, log in with your library card, and select an E-Source to get started!
- Online card registration: If you do not have a library card you can register online for a temporary card that will give you access to all of the above services with the exception of Hoopla. Call us at (603) 432-7154 or email email@example.com and speak to library staff for access to Hoopla.
- Our Event Calendar is continually updated with upcoming virtual programs.
Please continue to monitor our website and social media for updates.
Stay well and safe.
Nesmith Library Director Sylvie Brikiatis
Nesmith Library Facebook - Twitter - Instagram
Download a copy of the 4/17/2020 Letter from the Director
Download a copy of the 3/24/2020 Letter from the Director
Download a copy of the 3/16/2020 Letter to the Public