24/7 Access with your Nesmith Library card:
Quick Start: Click these icons to jump right in, or read more about each below!
Borrowing ebooks & other digital content is easy with your Nesmith Library card!
Your Nesmith Library card grants you access to a wide variety of digital collection materials through three primary services: Hoopla (ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV, music, comics), CloudLibrary (ebooks and audiobooks), and Libby from OverDrive (ebooks, audiobooks, and digital magazines). Visit our full Digital Reading page for in depth instructions for using these services, or contact Emerging Technology Librarian Chelsea for assistance!
When it comes to finding the right book, check in with your Youth Services Department! We can help you find the right book, magazine, and more for your emerging reader, reluctant reader, or anyone in between. Please email our Head of Youth Services Azra Palo to get started.
Hoopla for Kids and Caregivers:
Did you know? Hoopla has an option just for kids! Choose the Kids option at the top right of the Hoopla home screen to get started. This allows a child to view kid friendly options without their caregiver having to worry. The best part about Hoopla is that you do not have to wait in line for your materials. Everything is available on demand!
Hoopla hasn't forgotten about adults either! There is plenty of digital material available for fun and learning for you and your child. In addition, there are also genres that include "Hoopla for Homeschoolers!" and "Family & Relationships" that are benefical for caregivers to explore. Visit our Seven Books for Seven Genres recommendations from Nesmith Librarians for all ages, all available on Hoopla!
Azra Recommends: There are plenty of graphic novels for all ages including the award winning graphic novel "New Kid" by Jerry Craft for kids to devour. Make sure everyone above the age of five has a library card because the eight borrows per month per card can go fast! Please contact Nesmith Library at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a library card for Hoopla access.
Cloud Library for Kids and Caregivers:
Cloud Library has AWESOME options for kids and parents! One way to quickly browse is to set up your favorites by clicking the search button at the bottom, then the pencil at the top, and then choosing "kids" and the genres you like to read. Afterwards, when you click the search button, you will see your favorite genres and the new books that have been uploaded. You can borrow, put holds on your favorites, and more!
Azra Recommends: Don't forget to chek out the "Featured" tab at the top of the "search" option! You will find great suggestions that rotate often, including books for kids and caregivers!Who knows? You may find your next great read or listen!
Current Updates to our reading services:
- Hoopla borrowing has been increased to eight (8) items each month, instead of the limit of 4 previously!
- Cloudlibrary has an expanded collection of ebooks and audiobooks for all ages, as well as many new children's ebook and audiobook options: visit the app to browse the new offerings!
- The New Hampshire Downloadable Books Consortium (our OverDrive collection, accessed through the Libby app) is making more content available.
Free Access Currently Being Offered: (No library card required)
Many companies are currently doing their part to help people enforce physical distancing by providing temporary free access to more content! Nesmith Librarians are scouring the web looking for up to date resources for you and your kids to enjoy: try some of these! We also recommend you visit our Free Virtual Resources pages for even more resources available without needing your library card!
- Audible Stories: If your child is not already a fan of reading, audiobooks are a great way to get them hooked and listen to books as a family! Try free access to Audible kids options through this Audible Stories link.
- Scribd is offering 30 days of free access to their ebooks, audiobooks, documents, and sheet music!
- Sebco Ebooks: They have hundreds of titles for children, and good children's nonfiction as well as fiction. The link should log you in, but if not, use User Name: keepreading | Password: sebco | ID#: 1