We are providing curbside pickup services in addition to the rest of our library services, with the safety of our patrons, staff, and greater community in mind every step of the way. You are welcome to continue picking up your items through curbside even while we have open browsing hours available.
For our current reopening status and a summary of our current services, please visit our Phased Reopening page. Visit our Updates page to keep up with the latest library updates and access local and national information about COVID-19. You can also view our Health Resources page for in depth resources about the current situation and general health resources.
If you prefer to pick up copies and print jobs through curbside, please call the library at (603-432-7154).
Please call us with any questions at all at (603) 432-7154, or you can email email@example.com at any time.
Curbside Borrowing Instructions
Thank you for your patience as we navigate providing safe service for everyone.
Here’s how curbside pickup works:
- Place Items on Hold: You can place holds on Nesmith Library items and items from the other GMILCS libraries, by logging in to your account online and searching/browsing the catalog or by calling the library at 603-432-7154.
- Notification: When your holds are ready, you will receive a notification from the library. Most patrons have email as their default notification: please contact us if you would prefer a phone call when your items are ready.
- Pickup: After we notify you that your items are ready, you may visit the library to check out and pick up your items.
- When you arrive in the parking lot, please call the library at (603) 432-7154 to let us know you are here.
- Library staff will check out your materials, and place them on the curbside table, in a paper bag with your name on it.
- Please verify that it is your package before you leave!
Returns: Please do not leave returned materials at the pickup table. All returns should be placed in the exterior book drop or brought inside to the returns cart. Your returned items will remain on your account for a brief time after you bring them back, because library staff are quarantining returned items. Please bring your returns inside if you have an item which will not fit in the book drop. We are not accepting book donations at this time.
For more information about your library card, please visit our full Library Cards & Lending page.
In accordance with Town of Windham policy, staff will be wearing masks during all library services. We ask that patrons wear masks, and follow posted instructions when retrieving their items. In concert with the town, the library has taken the following steps to safely offer these services:
- Deep cleaned frequently used surfaces
- Obtained adequate stores of disinfectant and hand sanitizer, as well as protective gear for staff
- All staff will be wearing face masks and maintaining social distancing while in the building.
Until further notice. Since our service levels are determined based on a number of public health factors, we do not know when our services, or our hours, will change. Please check our COVID-19 Updates page for new announcements as well as past updates, and visit our Phased Reopening page for a summary of current services.
Quick Start: Click these icons to jump right in, or read more about each below!
Borrowing ebooks & other digital content is easy with your Nesmith Library card!
Your Nesmith Library card grants you access to a wide variety of digital collection materials through three primary services: Hoopla, CloudLibrary, and OverDrive (Libby). Visit our full Digital Reading page for instructions and further details! We also recommend Seven Books from Seven Genres!
Access a wide variety of research and general interest digital resources using your library card!
Ancestry Library Edition is TEMPORARILY ACCESSIBLE FROM HOME: Log in with your library card barcode and PIN - Discover your unique family history! This resource includes billions of records from around the world, including U.S., U.K., and Canadian census and vital records, immigration and passport records, periodicals and books, photos, and more. Click here to log into our catalog with your library card barcode and PIN, to access Ancestry Library Edition!
- Explora provides easy-to-use features and reliable content from the world’s leading magazines, academic journals, and reference books.
- NoveList will help you find your next great read, using genres and books you’ve enjoyed reading previously. Search up a favorite author, or learn why you really loved that multiple genre story, and search for similar reads you may not have found!
- America’s Genealogy Bank, along with our other resources from NewsBank, open up genealogy and historical research sources using New Hampshire newspaper articles and archives.