Hello everyone! Azra, Molly, and Chris miss you very much, and are excited to be continually working on new programs, services, and ways to reach out in our community. This page is designed to give you a seasonal summary of everything the Nesmith Library Youth Services Department is currently offering!
We are here for you! Engage with us:
- Participate in our virtual and in person events and takeaway kits: visit the Event Calendar or check below for dates and times, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for event updates!
- Request a chalk doodle or note: Fill out the form and check our Image Galleries for examples of past chalk drawings!
- Request a Mystery Grab Bag of library materials: Fill out the form and then borrow the items by:
- Digital Reading: We have plenty of ways caregivers and children can read ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more! From graphic novels to middle grade books to even narrated picture books, you can find something for everyone on Hoopla, Cloud Library, and Libby by Overdrive. For more information about digital services, check out our Digital Reading for Kids page and feel free to email Emerging Technology Librarian Chelsea with any questions about accessing these items!
- Toddler Time: Register online here (Ages 18 Months-3 Years with Caregiver)
- Mondays, September 14, 21, and 28, 10:30 AM on the outdoor lawn areas at the library
- Busy Bees Baby Storytime: Register online here (Ages 0-18 Months with Caregiver)
- Wednesdays, September 16, 23, and 30, 10:30 AM on the outdoor lawn areas at the library
- Preschool Storytime: Register online here (Children Ages 3-5 Years)
- Thursdays, September 17 and 24, 10:30 AM on Zoom: register to receive the meeting details
- STEAM @ Nesmith Library: Register online here (Families and Children of All Ages)
- Pick Up Craft Kit: Monday, September 21 during Curbside Borrowing hours, 10 AM-7 PM
- Virtual Program: Thursday, September 24, 4 PM on Zoom: register to receive the meeting details
- Adventure Seekers: Register online here (Children Ages 9-12 Years)
- Wednesday, October 14, 4 PM on Zoom: register to receive the meeting details
Right click or press and hold and View Image to see this image bigger and save it.
Patrons can now enter the library during limited open hours to browse, checkout, and other brief tasks during visits of 30 minutes or less.
- Hours: Mondays-Saturdays, 10 AM-1 PM
- Please note the Children's Room remains closed, and there are no seating or play areas available. Children's materials are available to browse in the central browsing area, and staff will go to the Children's Room to help you discover even more items to borrow!
- Face coverings and observance of social distancing guidelines are required to enter the building.
- Visit the Phased Reopening page for complete details, and call (603) 432-7154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
You can check out books without having to come into the library! We are more than happy to help you participate in curbside borrowing.
- Contact us with any questions or just to say hi!
- Email Youth Services staff directly:
- Head of Youth Services Azra Palo at email@example.com
- Youth Services Librarian Molly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children's Library Assistant Chris at email@example.com
- Call and ask for Children's: (603) 432-7154, email the general staff inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our Ask a Librarian webchat when available!