NESMITH LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Present: Chris Monterio, Chairman; Joan Griffin, Vice-Chairman, Mark Branoff, Treasurer; Wendy Keller, Recording Secretary; Anne Marie O’Neil ; Carolyn Webber; Carl Heidenblad, Director; Lois Freeston, Assistant Director; Diane Mayr, Assistant Director. Mary Lee Underhill, Corresponding Secretary was excused.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Chris Monterio, Chairman, at 7:12 p.m.
Minutes: The minutes of the May 12th meeting were approved.
Financial—41% of the year has elapsed and we had spent 41% of the operating budget.
Nesmith Library Directors Report, June 2009
Building and property maintenance.
· Shelving in the Young Adult area—The shelving has been ordered.
· Registration. There were 30 new registrations in April.
· Internet uses. 588 uses in May 2009 vs 615 in May 2009
· People Counter. (Currently, the counter is not functioning correctly and a replacement is on order.)
· Statistics— In May collection size totaled 83,042 volumes; Volunteer hours were 74.5
Unfinished Business—Strategic Planning--Wendy Keller reported that 120 surveys had been completed, either on-line or on paper. It was suggested that we keep the survey open until the end of June, to allow for a push toward getting a higher response.
New Business—Carl brought up the subject of non resident user fees, which currently stand at $50. A review of neighboring towns found a variety of fees. In order to bring the fees in line with a Windham resident’s share a Carolyn Webber moved that we increase these fees to $75.00 which will be charged upon the cardholder’s renewal. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously
Wendy Keller, Recording Secretary
Draft Subject to Approval