NESMITH LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Present: Joan Griffin, Chairman; Mary Lee Underhill, Vice-Chairman; Mark Branoff, Treasurer; Wendy Keller, Secretary, Chris Monterio, Assistant Treasurer, Carl Heidenblad, Director; Diane Mayr, Assistant Director, Lois Freeston, Assistant Director. Carolyn Webber and Anne Marie O’Neil were excused.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Joan Griffin, Chairman, at 7:02 p.m.
Minutes: The minutes of the October 9, 2008 meeting were approved with amendments.
Correspondence: We received a thank-you note from Wendy Deneen for honoring her late husband George with the Murray Levin Volunteer of the Year Award at last month’s meeting.
Financial—83% of the year has elapsed and we have spent 83% of the budget.
Director’s-- Nesmith Library Directors Report, November 2008
· Registration. There were 34 new registrations in October.
· Internet uses. 748 uses in October, 2008 vs. 619 in October, 2007.
· People Counter. 6273 visits were counted in October.
· Sunday usage. There were 396 visits in October compared to 306 visits in October, 2007.
Building and property maintenance.
Budget Update. Department Heads will meet with the Selectmen Saturday morning November 22nd.
Statistics—Our collection size totaled 80,807 items. Volunteer hours were 84.6 hours.
· Strategic Planning Committee—Wendy Keller presented the Board with the proposed survey questionnaire. Members provided comments and guidance to help the committee move forward with planning the survey’s distribution.
· F.L.O.W. Donations
· Trustees’ Meeting—Tuesday, December 9, 2008.
· ADJOURNED: The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 pm
Wendy Keller, Recording Secretary
Draft Subject to Approval