Nesmith Library Board Trustees Minutes
November 15, 2005
Present: Sharon Scannell, Chairman, Mary Lee Underhill, Vice-Chair, Joan Griffin, Recording Secretary, Pat Skinner, Corresponding Secretary, Chris Monterio, Treasurer, Carl Heidenblad, Director, Diane Mayr, Lois Freeston, Assistant Directors. Lorraine Bain was excused.
Chairman, Sharon Scannell, called the meeting to order at 7:07 pm.
Sharon welcomed Richard Koeck, who is a candidate to complete the balance of Paul Kellers’ term as Library Trustee.
Minutes: The minutes were approved as written for the October 11th meeting.
Financial: Chris Monterio reported that 76 % of the budget has been spent and
83 % of the year has elapsed.
Director: Carl presented his monthly report for November 2005.
· Circulation: October 2005 circulation continues the trend of the past few months with a 10.8 % increase from October 2004. We are still seeing an overall increase of nearly 14 % for the year to date compared to last year through October.
· As of November 14th, the library equaled last year’s circulation of 144, 000+ items.
· Sunday Circulation: Continues to be steady
· Registrations: The registration now stands at 7950.
· Statistics: Statistics for October showed that 12, 993 items were circulated, 7,950 registered patrons; there were 7,962 visits to the library, 516 internet users and 100.19 volunteered hours. Our collection size is 74,330.
· Book Drop: The book drop is ready for installation and the maintenance department is getting the materials ready to begin working on the installation.
· 2006 Budget: Town department heads have met to discuss their budgets.
Building Property and Maintenance:
· Fire Alarm Maintenance: Has been completed with the following exception. The alarm needs to call out on a phone line used only by the alarm system. That line has now been installed, and Riel Security has completed the hook up to that phone line.
· Driveway Signs and Directionals: The signs and directionals have not been completed at this time.
Personnel Committee: Has received a letter which will be addressed at a Committee meeting
which will be announced.
· Budget Update: The 2006 Nesmith Library budget was discussed by Carl and the Trustees.
· 3 Year Plan: The Trustees will review the plan and discuss it at the December meeting.
· Annual Report: Sharon will complete the Annual Report and submit copies to each trustee.
· Annual Dinner: The Annual Dinner for the Trustees and Staff will be held on Friday, January 13, 2006 at 5 pm at Nesmith Library.
· Library Trustees Meeting on Tuesday, December 13, 2005
ADJOURNED: The meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm
Draft subject to approval