Nesmith Library Board Trustees Minutes
August 23, 2005
Present: Mary Lee Underhill, Vice-Chair, Joan Griffin, Recording Secretary, Pat Skinner, Corresponding Secretary. Chris Monterio, Treasurer, Lorraine Bain, member, Paul Keller, member, Carl Heidenblad, Director, Diane Mayr, Lois Freeston, Assistant Directors. Sharon Scannell was excused.
Vice-Chairman, Mary Lee Underhill, called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm.
Minutes: The minutes were approved as written for the June 14th meeting.
The minutes for the June 27th meeting were approved with a correction.
Financial: Chris Monterio reported that 53% of the budget has been spent and
58% of the year has elapsed.
Director: Carl presented his monthly report for July and August.
· Circulation: June circulation showed an increase of 8.6% compared to the previous June. We are seeing an overall increase of 15% for the year to date compared to last year through the same period.
· Sunday Circulation: Continues to watch and evaluate the Sunday circulation.
· Registrations: At the end of June we had 9182 registered patrons.
· Inventory: We will have a complete inventory of the Adult non-fiction collection by the third week in August.
· Statistics: Statistics for July showed that 15, 137 items were circulated, 9,233 registered patrons, 9,077 of whom visited the library, 535 internet users and 107.14 volunteered hours. Our collection size is 72,924.
· Technology Issues: The recent thunder and lightning storms caused a few power outages .A UPS system was purchased and installed to protect the library servers when we experience further power fluctuations.
· DVD Security: The DVD security has been implemented and we are now looking at the magazine problem.
Needs Assessment Committee: The committee held a meeting naming their objectives
1. An addition with MAXIMUM USEFULLNESS.
2. An Addition for MINIMUM COST.
Policies for Nesmith Library Study Rooms; The new policies were presented
to the trustees for discussion. The policies will be voted on at the
Fire Alarm Maintenance: The Fire Alarm System was thoroughly tested on 8/16/05.
We discussed the need for an annual inspection as well as replacement of some smoke detectors. A motion was made by Pat Skinner to hire Real Security to make security alarm changes and maintenance as soon as possible for the sum of $1596.40. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
· CIP meeting Thursday, September 1, 2005 at the Town Hall.
· NH Sate Library Advisory Committee Meeting rescheduled to Friday, October 7, 2005 - 9:30 to noon at Nesmith Library
· Pot Luck Thursday, August 25, 2005 at Nesmith Library
· Next Trustees meeting – Tuesday, September 13, 2005
ADJOURNED: The meeting adjourned at 8:22 pm
Draft subject to approval